Understanding 1031 Exchanges and the DSTRegister For This Free Webinar On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 2:00 PM EST
Navigating the 1031 Exchange Process with Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs) gives CPAs the fundamentals of IRC Section 1031 Exchange for real property and how DSTs are being utilized by taxpayers today. This presentation will discuss the basics of the 1031 Exchange process, provide a brief history and overview of DSTs, explore why taxpayers exchange into fractional ownership programs and who might be appropriate for DSTs. Additionally,we will explore in detail the identification rules and tax considerations when realizing a gain on the sale of real property.
- Learn the fundamentals of helping your clients through the exchange process safely and conservatively.
- Learn the four main reasons taxpayers exchange into DSTs.
- Learn what qualifies as “like-kind” in a 1031 exchange.
- Learn about the role of a qualified intermediary.
- Learn how to balance an exchange so there is no boot.
- Learn about adding new depreciation to maximize tax savings.
“Excellent presentation on a complex topic.“
“Nicely done. Good window to the future of Exchanges.“
“Very interesting material. Presented in an informative way.“
“Explained a difficult subject well, especially with all the examples provided.“
“A lot of information contained and very well organized. Enjoyed.“
“An quick, excellent, intro to S1031 exchanges and DSTs“